Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Fashion of Maternity Bridesmaid Dress

When I asked my sister-in-law to be in my wedding, I was well aware that she was carrying a baby. I wasn’t concerned, though some brides balk at the idea of a pregnant woman in their wedding party. There is no reason to not consider asking someone to be in your wedding if they are pregnant, as you can always find an amazing maternity bridesmaid dress out there to compliment any woman. In many cases, you may not even need to buy a maternity bridesmaid dress at all. Unless your friend or relative is very close to delivery, they may be able to wear the same dress as the rest of your wedding party.

This was true of my sister-in-law. She was three months pregnant when we ordered my bridesmaid dresses. I asked the lady at the bridal store if she thought I would need a maternity bridesmaid dress for her, as she would be five months along at the time of my wedding. She assured me it would not be an issue, especially with the dress the girls had chosen for my wedding. I allowed them to choose their own, and they made a great choice. When my wedding rolled around two months later, everyone fit into their dresses comfortably and I realized the lady at the bridal shop was right, a women at five months generally does not need a maternity bridesmaid dress.

If one of your attendants will be more than six months pregnant at your wedding, it might be a good idea to discuss maternity bridesmaid dresses with the company from which you are buying your dresses. They may be able to look at the style of dress you are getting and tell you if you even need to get a maternity bridesmaid dress. They may be able to add a little extra material to the front of the dress already chosen to give them a great fit.

If you do think you need to buy a maternity bridesmaid dress, you can do so without ruining the look of your wedding. This is where the expertise of your bridal store should come into play. If the dress you chose does not come in maternity sizes, they should be able to help you find something that will go with the rest of your party while retaining the look you want. For the most part, however, you should be able to find any style of maternity bridesmaid dress, and it will just be a matter of ordering it and getting it sized correctly.

No comments:

 
Copyright © 2008 Woman's Topic